MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
To apply, please contact a Colorado DAR chapter.
Promoting education is one of the missions of the DAR!
One way we promote education is through scholarships to help students achieve a college degree with the following Colorado State Society sponsored scholarships.
Financial Aid Need Form
Adult Advanced Education Scholarship
- To further the education of any adult, man or woman, whose education was interrupted for at least one year.
- Education must have been interrupted for at least one year and applicant must have returned to a college or university in the past year.
The maximum award is $2,500.00
Elementary/Secondary Teacher Education Scholarship
- Awarded to an undergraduate or post graduate student who is majoring in an Elementary or Secondary School Teacher Education, as shown on a transcript or letter from the Dean of acceptance to the program.
- The minimum award is $1,000.00 per year.
Honorary State Regents’ American History Scholarship
- Honorary State Regent’s Scholarship In memory and in honor of all Honorary State Regents who supported this scholarship.
- Must be a college or university junior or senior.
- Must have a concentrated study in History, Government or Political Science (or proof of intent to teach history or government) as shown on a transcript.
- The maximum award is $2,500.00.
Virginia Leyda Roberts Nursing Scholarship
- Must have been accepted or is currently enrolled in a nursing school for an Associates or Bachelor’s nursing degree, proven by a letter of acceptance or transcript.
- The minimum award in $1,000.00.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution also supports other scholarships. The scholarships vary in amount and number. As funds are available, scholarships are granted in the fields of nursing, optometry, speech pathology, occupational therapy, historic preservation, etc.. Application packets are available from the Scholarships page of the NSDAR website.